Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Student Ambassadors Needed

Hello and welcome to NIU Law Class of 2018! I wanted to introduce myself. My name is John McWard, and I am a 2L and the Graduate Assistant for the Office of Admissions and Financial Aid for the College of Law. Originally from Springfield, Illinois, I ventured to the Chicago suburbs to play soccer at North Central College and graduated from there in 2014. If you ever want to talk or have any questions about the first year of law school, please come by the Office of Admissions or stop me in the hallway between classes!

Further, I wanted to extend another welcome. Each year, NIU Law brings in a group of talented individuals from all walks of life to diversify and strengthen our NIU Law student body. I am very glad you are a part of the Class of 2018.

With that being said, I am looking for motivated and passionate first-year students who are interested in becoming student ambassadors for NIU Law. As a Student Ambassador, you will be a representative of NIU Law.

Your first goal as a Student Ambassador is to share your story with us. We will ask you a series of questions (three) during a personal one-on-one interview, and you will have your photograph taken. Further, both your story and photograph will be published on NIU Law’s website under Class of 2018 Profiles.

Please see our Class of 2017 Profiles on the NIU Law website for examples and respond by either coming into the Office of Admissions or by emailing me at jmcward1@niu.edu by no later than September 1st, 2015 if this is something of interest to you!

Sincerely,
John H. McWard
Graduate Assistant for the Office of Admissions and Financial Aid